What is ishipdocs?
ishipdocs is a digital shipping and cloud file sharing tool that allows you to do the following:
- Send files digitally to print and deliver documents locally in over 350 locations in the world.
- Send 3GB files from Outlook and the ishipdocs application to your staff, customers and clients.
- Store data in the cloud, share files/folders with your team, and update revisions to files and folders in your cloud workspace.
- Receive files from your staff, customers and clients using the "drop file" feature.
What are some benefits of ishipdocs?
- ishipdocs offers a robust closed-looped order flow, simplifying order processing, maintenance, and tracking.
- ishipdocs provides a faster, more secure mode to distribute large content, avoiding bounced email, server constraints and headaches of maintaining outdated FTP technology.
- ishipdocs can transmit up to 3GB of content per transmission, including large architectural & engineering drawings, marketing and advertising banners, training videos and audio files.
- ishipdocs has no printing limitations. Black and white and color content can be distributed, stored and printed according to specification on any medium (paper, CDs, Flash Drives etc).
- Eliminates the cost, delays and risks of hard copy document distribution (airplanes, mail, customs, etc.).
- ishipdocs is environmentally friendly because there is no dependency on airplanes thus contributing towards minimization of carbon emissions to the atmosphere.
Who are Print Service Providers?
A print service provider can be a B2B or B2C digital fulfillment facility located anywhere in the world. Print service providers that participate in the ishipdocs fraternity must meet strict quality criteria (equipment, quality, customers, finishing etc) set by the ishipdocs support team.
How can I subscribe to ishipdocs?
If you are an ARC customer, contact your local ARC rep and they will sign you up. If you are a new customer, you can sign up online under customer or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Introductory promotional packages may be offered from time to time. Inquiries for any promotional offers can be sent to email@example.com.
How do I upload a file to ishipdocs?
- You must be logged into your ishipdocs account to upload any files.
- If you want to send a file to print and need to upload the file, please select file from desktop and attach.
- If you want to send a file to others, either select file from desktop (files stored locally on the machine) or you can select files from storage (files in the cloud workspace).
- If you are creating a new workspace or adding files to an existing workspace, you must select that particular workspace and select the "File" tab. Under the tab, the option "upload" should be there where you can store files in the workspace.
- Currently, there are no folder uploads.
Can my customers send me files digitally with ishipdocs?
Yes. By subscribing to ishipdocs and providing your customers with login credentials to ishipdocs, not only can your customers send you digital content, but so can all the local, domestic and international print services providers.
Can I send multiple files in one order?
Yes up to 3GB worth of content. You can also send multiple files by "zipping" them together.
What software is required to use ishipdocs?
No software is required. All you need to use ishipdocs is a connection to the internet and a current web browser.
What type of files types can ishipdocs transmit?
TIFF, PDF, PLT, DWF, DWG, DGN, ZIP, JPG, DOC, XLS, PPT, AVT and most other formats can be transmitted through ishipdocs. However, .exe, .cmd and .bat files cannot be transmitted through ishipdocs.
Do I need to change my computer settings to use ishipdocs?
Upload: Enable pop-up blocker and Java version needs to be 6.0 and above. The latest Java version can be downloaded for free at www.Java.com.
Download: Minor changes are required in your internet tools and the instructions are available under the computer set-up page in ishipdocs.
What advantages does ishipdocs offer as compared to FTP solutions?
- ishipdocs does not require hardware or maintenance. Thus, unlike FTP solutions, there are no hardware or maintenance costs associated with ishipdocs.
- ishipdocs uses SSL encryption technology providing the highest level of security during transmission of content.
- There is complete tracking and visibility with all your files when you use ishipdocs, whether it is your print orders or making changes to files in your cloud workspace. With FTP there is no way of seeing who uploaded, downloaded, deleted, added files, etc.
- We now offer a FTP replacement for company websites. It incorporates our "drop file" feature, where customers and clients can visit the website and drop files directly to the link on the site. This is available upon request and will be used in unison with your ishipdocs accounts.
How long will ishipdocs store content?
When sending files to others, the recipient has 10 days to download the file. Once the recipient(s) download the file(s) within 10 days, they can save the files to their desktop or store in their ishipdocs cloud workspace to keep the file indefinitely. After 10 days, the link becomes inactive.
What kind of redundancy is available for ishipdocs?
The ishipdocs cloud has 4 data centers in Fremont, CA (North America), Atlanta, GA (North America), London, England (Europe) and Kolkata, India (Asia). During a failover at one data center, the transactions are automatically routed to the next available data center. We also have a disaster recovery data center in Sacramento CA, giving ARC a grand total of 5 data centers.
What happens if the Internet or local broadband goes down during a file transmission?
If the internet or the local broadband is lost during a file transmission to ishipdocs, the transmission will be halted and will continue from where sped when a transmission path is available.
Can data be exported from ishipdocs for Business Intelligence?
Yes. Both the customer and print service provider can export information from ishipdocs into EXCEL and CSV formats.
How can a login be created?
Please contact your local ARC representative or firstname.lastname@example.org and they can provide a login for you.
What happens if a customer forgets the login information to ishipdocs?
Kindly contact your ARC representative or email@example.com and they will provide you with the login information.
What happens if a customer or print service provider loses its password?
Click on the link "Forgot Password" on the ishipdocs home page and follow the instructions on that page to retrieve your password.
How can I cancel my ishipdocs subscription?
You may cancel your subscription by providing 30 days prior written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a refund of any subscription fees paid to you, prorated based on the amount of time remaining in the then-current subscription period.
Last Updated: August 12th, 2013